Would you like to make a difference in the life of a child? Do you need some time to relax and have some fun? You can do both by volunteering at the Boys & Girls Clubs!
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Mississippi NEEDS YOU!
For more information on how you can volunteer please submit the information in the form below or call 601-969-7088
Volunteer with the Boys & Girls Club!
You have the power to make a difference! At the Boys & Girls Club, our goals are ambitious, and we know we can’t achieve them alone. We need and welcome the support of our community and caring people like you. Each year, our volunteers help the 2,200 youth we serve in our seven branches, and also provide administrative support.
Please share your unique talents with the kids in our community who need you most!
You have the power to make a difference! At the Boys & Girls Club, our goals are ambitious, and we know we can’t achieve them alone. We need and welcome the support of our community and caring people like you. Each year, our volunteers help the 2,200 youth we serve in our five branches, and also provide administrative support.
How You Can Help
Individual volunteers can help in these ways:
- Homework helper/tutor -Assist with homework, reading and computers
- Athletic assistant – Coaching, scorekeeping, etc.
- Office assistant – Answer phones, file, make copies
- Sorting assistant – Help organize books, toys, and clothing throughout the year
- Special projects – Share your special talents with our kids
- Construction Projects – We always need something constructed or repaired from painting to dividing classrooms.
Because the safety of our kids is always a paramount concern, the Boys & Girls Club requires all individual volunteers to:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete a Volunteer Application
- Pass a background check
- Attend an orientation/training session
Group projects are great for companies, organizations, clubs and schools that want to help with a large one-time project (requires 3+ weeks’ notice before scheduled date of project). Your group can paint a game room, build picnic tables, host a seasonal party, or participate in many other activities to help our kids.